The reconstruction of your family genealogy is followed by few logical steps:
1. First of all you have to provide us the output data about your ancestors such as the date and place of birth of your grandparents. Any information about your great-grandparents will help us to accelerate the research and make the search more efficient. Important clues can be found in old family documents, photos, talking to older family members.
2. After receiving the original data, we conduct a preliminary analysis of research sources in the region where your ancestors lived and determine the prospects for further research. If the documents on your family are preserved and available, we can directly start working on the order.
3. The most important stage is the search for documents related to your ancestors. The work is carried out primarily in the archives, where we try to identify all the documents in which your ancestors could be mentioned: parish registers, confessional lists, excerpts of tenure, civil registries, lawsuits etc. The research also can be carried out in Register offices and processing the information, received from relatives and family archives. This stage of the research the longest one. On the regular basis, the search of information about one family line (of the father or mother) on average takes from two weeks to two months, depending on the number of documents, their location and state of preservation.
4. After gathering all the necessary information, our experts conduct a detailed study, analis, establish family ties, reconstruct the biographies of revealed relatives, find out the year of their birth and death and create the genealogical table - family tree or family scheme. It’s traditionally accepted that family genealogy should have the form of a family tree, as it’s the most convenient and intuitive way to illustrate different generations and family composition. Typically, a family tree is built according to the information about their ancestors in the male line. The family name is transmitted through the male line. Genetic studies proved that the male chromosome is passed only from father to son. But we can separately, study the genealogy of mother line and reconstruct the additional family tree. Genealogical table shows the years when your ancestors lived, illustrates the dates of births, deaths, marriages.
In this article we provide some examples how family trees are build. By following the link below you’ll see genealogical table Tarnavskyy’s family
The Tarnavskyy is a gentry family of Ukrainian origin living in Galicia in the XIV-XVII centuries. The table provides the information about all known family members, the earliest mentions about their life. Generally, the table covers nine generations of family.
By the below link you’ll see a genealogical scheme of the rural families from Vinnytsya region, that covers the period from the end of the XVIII till the end of ХХ centuries. The first known written information about this family was found from the end of the XVIII century.
The reconstruction quality of the family history depends on several factors:
- region of their ancestors origin and the availability of sources. If your roots originating from the territory of modern Lviv region, we are dealing with the registry books that are relatively well preserved since the territories have been the part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire; the same kinds of documents were conducted on the Ukrainian lands that were ruled by the Russia Empire, but the state of records preservation is worse and depends on each particular location - some documents were preserved, but some were not.
- is the origin of their ancestors - if your ancestors came from the nobility, the family genealogy can be reconstructed even in the span of a few centuries. However, if the ancestors originated from simple peasants, which is observed in most cases, the first written information about your family will reach the not early then end of the 18th century.
It is also possible the relatives who have lived or currently live outside of Ukraine, in the countries of post Soviet Union or even overseas. The persons who died in the battles of World War II can be found in available resources.
5. Writing family history.
As a result of this work, we will restore the history of your family tree indicating years of life your ancestors come from their classes, links to documents that contain news source for them. Based on the collected material we make reference to the history of the family, which tell about the origin of the family and its name, describe the biographies of individual members of the genus, give all the collected facts about the life of certain members of the genus (education, occupation, land, family and crony called ' bandages, location, etc.).
6. Making research results, the finished product.
As a result of successfully completed research client receives a genealogical table of some kind. Typically, the average Ukrainian family lineage can not rebuild until the end of XVIII - the middle of the nineteenth century. The table attached a report on the history of the family, photocopies documents discovered in the archives. On request, materials can take the form of art, history of family album or canvas depicting the family tree of the family.